MD America Energy, LLC is a Texas based oil and gas operating company engaged in the acquisition, development, exploitation and production of crude oil and natural gas properties in East Texas. Assets currently consist of approximately 71,000 net acres with over 300 drilled and operated wells.


MDAE’s parent company, Meidu Energy Corporation (“Meidu”), is a publicly listed company on the Shanghai Stock Exchange. Meidu acquired Woodbine Acquisition Corp. in 2013 and changed the operating company’s name to MD America Energy, LLC.



Tim Bozeman

Chief Operating Officer

Tim Bozeman is Chief Operating Officer of MD America Energy, LLC. He assumed this role in September 2014. Prior to his current role, he served as Vice President of Operations and held other positions of increasing responsibility during his seven years with the company.

Throughout the years, Mr. Bozeman has worked for several major players in the oil and gas industry, such as Haliburton and EOG Resources. He received his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M University in 2004.

Outside of work, he enjoys living life with his wife and four children. They participate in many outdoor activities and, as faith is their passion, are very active with their church.

Mike Dye

Chief Financial Officer

Mike Dye has over twenty years of experience in the energy industry and ten years of experience in bank financing. Prior to coming on board with MD America in October of 2018, he served as Vice President of Financial Services with Basic Energy for nine years, participating in several multi-million dollar bank/finance deals. He is currently overseeing MD America’s recent $200M term loan completed in November 2018.

Mike holds a Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Professional Accounting and Information Systems from the University of Texas of the Permian Basin. He is also a Certified Public Accountant. He currently lives with his wife in Aledo, TX. They have 3 grown children, twin sons and one daughter.

Roy Yates

Sr. Vice President – Geosciences

Roy Yates is the Senior Vice President of Geosciences and has held that position since he joined the company in 2011. He is responsible for geological development and acquisitions in addition to drilling supervision of horizontal Woodbine Sand and Eagle Ford Shale wells in the company’s East Texas properties, and currently has over 175 productive wells drilled to date.

He earned a Bachelor of Petroleum Geology from Hardin Simmons University in 1985 and a Master of Science Petroleum/Structural Geology from Baylor University in 1992.

In his spare time, Mr. Yates and his wife are very active with an organization close to their heart, Miracle League of Parker County, which is a baseball league for people with special needs. The organization focuses on promoting the well-being of the individual and allows all ages to participate.



Welcome to the MD America Energy Owner Relations Department. All inquiries can be directed to:


Address Change

Below are the most common occurrences that can cause a change in ownership or payment information. All associated forms are available for download at the bottom of the page in PDF format. Please submit all changes in writing along with the correct forms to:

MD America Energy, LLC., 301 Commerce St. Suite 2500, Fort Worth, TX 76102 ATTN: Owner Relations Dept.

  • Owner Name(s)
  • Account #
  • Last 4 digits of Social Security or tax I.D. #
  • Old address
  • New address
  • Phone number
  • E-mail address
  • Original signature signed and dated

EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer)

You can elect to receive revenue payments by Electronic Funds Transfer. If you choose this option, check statements will not be mailed to you. You will have the option to receive them by e-mail when completing the ACH Authorization form. Below is a link to our ACH Authorization form. Complete the form and mail it to our address shown above along with a voided check for setup and verification.

Minimum Suspense

MD America Energy issues royalty checks once a month when royalty totals accumulate to $100 or more. If the amount is less than the stated amount, then a check is sent on the month that the accumulated balance is greater than $100.

Death of an Owner

Oil and gas interests are considered real property, and as such, are governed by the law of the state in which the land is located. You should notify us in writing of the interest owner’s death and include a copy of the death certificate and a copy of the will (testate). If no will is involved, the decedent is considered to have died intestate. Therefore, title to the oil and gas interests pass according to the laws of descent and distribution for the state in which the property is located. We will contact you with specific instructions pertaining to your situation. Please see both forms below for more details.

Change of Ownership (Sale or Divorce)

All requests for change in ownership must be submitted in writing, accompanied by a recorded conveyance document, and sent to our office at the address at the top of the page. In addition, please include:

  • Name of current owner (and owner number if known)
  • New owner’s name, address and SSN or TIN
  • A copy of the conveyance which has been properly recorded in the county of the state the property is located.
  • Daytime phone number and e-mail address for contact person

Name Changes

In the event of a name change due to marriage, divorce, or other reason, please send documentation to the address at the top of the page including:

  • A copy of the marriage certificate
  • Divorce decree
  • Other documentation.

If this is a company name change then please send documentation to the address at the top of the page including:

  • Certificate of merger
  • Name change
  • New tax ID (IRS Form W-9)


Any change in trusts/partnerships require a copy of the recorded document conveying the interest to the trust sent by mail to the above address. This includes dissolutions, deaths, or changes in trustees.